Pre-course preparation. ComSkills Ukraine is a cloud service. To make the training course as enjoyable and productive as possible, we recommend you create a PC desktop work environment that utilises browser extensions and bookmarks.
In the above example, you can see bookmarks and browser extensions highlighted. This type of set up will enable you to quickly and easily access applications and browser extensions.
Before registering for a ComSkills Ukraine account and starting the training course, we recommend you carry out the following pre-course preparation on your PC or laptop:
- Browser – while any web browser can access ComSkills Ukraine, we strongly recommend that you download Google Chrome (free) and make this your default browser for the training course.
- Chrome extensions – after the Google Chrome browser install, go to the Chrome Store and add Google Translate (free) & Hootlet (free) as extensions to your Chrome browser.
- Google account – after Chrome and the three Chrome extensions are installed, go to Google (free) and create an account. A Google account gives you access to Gmail, YouTube, Google Maps and other apps. Create a Google Password Manager this can be used to safely store the user names and passwords of the services, such as Twitter, LinkedIn, ComSkills, that you will be using, and makes the login to each service, convenient and single click.
- Google Custom Search – create a Google Custom Search (free) account, then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- Twitter – create a Twitter account (free), then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- Hootsuite – create a Hootsuite account (free), then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- Followerwonk – create a Followerwonk account (free), then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- LinkedIn – create a LinkedIn account (free), then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- Facebook – create a Facebook account (free), then bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
- ComSkills Ukraine – once you’ve registered and created an account, bookmark it on your Chrome browser.
Please carry out the following pre-course preparation on your mobile device and tablet (iOS or Android):
ComSkills Ukraine is a cloud service and mobile-responsive. It does not need an app, simply search Google on your mobile for ComSkills Ukraine or use the website URL address https://comskills-ukraine.co.uk/. You can watch the videos, take the quizzes and complete the exam on any mobile device.
Using the account names and passwords for the services listed above, install the following mobile apps on your mobile device – Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Periscope (linked to your Twitter account), Hootsuite & Google.
Instagram – install the app on your mobile device and create an account.